Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mermaids





The perfume of the sea
where the mermaids swim
in the small cove of russet and green
Far out where the birds sing

Voices full of sweet prayers
bathing behind moss rocks
Ivory hair ethereal, woven with colored stones
limpid like the breeze, unabashed like the sea.

Allow me to touch her transparent skin.
cleanse my mortal body full of sin.
I breathe in the salt stung air and watch the sun
cast off her flowing alabaster hair

Come back with me, abyssal world
drown my eyes in your mystical whirl.
Swim with your fins inside my palms
Fill my heart with your whispers and songs.

I watch as their fins radiate jolts to the sky
Dipping in and out of the cerulean tide.
small glints of their scales will blind your mind.
Step into their world and watch ur thoughts subside.

The sea grass sways where the mermaids swim
in the small cove of russet and green
far out where the birds sing.

1 comment:

Anastasiya P. said...

I got lost in this poem (in a good way)! Very beautiful words :)