Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Who are you




I've known you forever yet i barely even know you
When i think of you, your face falls between the lines
I dance right past you
around you, in front of you
but never with you.
Who are you?
Your shadow lingers above me daily but i never really see your face
Your eyes are blue, your hair is gold, but i cant even see you
Vacant like an empty lot, your eyes hold no light
Your smile so cold, your fists wound tight
What are you running from
are you afraid of the unknown?
trying to control every move you make
every second your about to break
who are you?
Your bottle is drained, and the glass so scratched
I rarely peer into your world anymore
You lock your doors, you shut your blinds
my hands are too bruised from knocking to try
Your spirit seems faded and your voice numb
Shut off, shut down, run away run
A machine that never stops,
a soul so lost
You drip with despair, but your to broken too care
Who are you?

No comments: