Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pain





Pain [peyn] n. - [suffering, physical or mental] hurt, distress, discomfort, agony misery, martyrdom, wretchedness, shock, torture, torment.


Pain drips down my skin like poisonous acid
it singes the lace around my wrists, it puddles around my feet like urine.
It clouds around my bodice like a milky film enclosing me deeper into the darkness.
It seeps into my cells, through the walls of my arteries and into the depths of my parched soul.
This malady extracts my being as a black hole absorbs the light.
It tugs at my lungs and pulls me by my ankles to the bottom of the sea.
It holds me prisoner of its malicious tendencies.
My skin pale and my eyes blank with despair
Pain wont you leave me be, take another one captive for the day
Allow me to draw the lines of my life outside this box so small and grim
Release me from your tightly woven possession.
When i free myself from you, always do you find your way back to me.
Haunting me in my dreams and turning my peace to disruption..... yet again.
Let the sheep in my minds pasture be still.
Please leave soon
or else i will.

No comments: