Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Cellar






Im disintegrating behind these bars,
shrinking in between these chains.
I can not bare it any longer,
inside this body in which i am contained.
I feel betrayed by the world,
forgotten by God,
forsaken by my souls truth,
for it is all just a facade.
I am suffocating while the clock ticks,
the days drag and the months thick.
The glass box in which i peer out,
everyones lives seem like bliss.
I sit waiting in the unknown,
fading in and out of life,
dazed and alone.
I Hopelessly wait for a way out to be shown.
I am barely here, unable to grasp the bars which force me in,
im slowly fading and my light is dying deep within.
In this cellar where i weep joy seems so scarce,
the walls are cold, empty and bare,
my heart aches, i say a prayer.
Please dear Lord forgive me for whatever i have done,
please allow me to live again please allow the light to come,
please dont forget about me for am i your child too,
allow me to run with desire,
twirl with freedom, and laugh again with you.
The sun shines brightly for i do not see it,
the world is dancing but im no longer in it.

No comments: