Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Elusive Circus





Days go by I'm hypnotized
tiptoeing down my tightrope of lies.
Wearing my red nose, face painted white,
clowning about in my circus of the night.

Dark shadows dance upon the tent,
laughs of cowardly mouths opened to repent.
People watch with glaring eyes,
at the darkness that falls dead with cries.
Cries of illusions,
cries of pain,
cries of mirror images,
a crowd that cannot be contained.

Everything you see is just a circus in play,
an act of the masks,
a dance in the day.
Nothing is true of what it appears to be,
life in this tent is just a lie that your eyes are witnesses to see.
The stripes of blue are a pigment of the imagination;
the polka dot hats
and the juggling acrobats
are all just illusions of deceitful acts.

Walking down my tightrope of lies,
I barely fall but somehow arise.
I balance my way to the other side
where the tightrope ends, rips, and flies.
I hold on tight to the harness of my life.
No one seems to notice me floating in midair,
remember I am just a misimpression for people to come and stare.
I finally release,
I let myself go,
red nose flies off,
white face paint becomes unknown.
The silly hats,
the acrobats,
the people watching in fright,
are all just a vision of lies
that come out deep within the misty night.

No comments: